UA have unleashed version 2 of their popular Apollo Twin audio interface for Mac & Windows featuring realtime UAD Processing, UAD-2 QUAD processing, talkback functionality and improved monitoring.
What would NAMM be if there was not Universal Audio announcement! The company from California won’t disappoint this NAMM 2017 with the new Apollo Twin MKII Thunderbolt audio interface for both Mac and Windows. There’s tons of cool features, and of course it gives users access to realime UAD processing power at a very attractive price.
Oh… and it comes with 10 UAD plugins too.
Stay tuned to AskAudio for a video overview from NAMM coming soon…
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • January 18, 2017 — Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to announce that Apollo Twin MkII — a ground-up redesign of the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface for Mac and Windows — is now available in stores worldwide.
Featuring onboard Realtime UAD-2 SOLO, DUO, or all new QUAD Core processing, this 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A next-generation conversion — offering increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD.
Apollo Twin MkII also features Unison™ technology, which allows its dual mic preamps and front-panel DI to sound and behave like the world’s most sought-after tube and solid state preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes — including their all-important impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and circuit behaviors.
Based on breakthrough integration between Apollo’s digitally controlled analog inputs and its onboard UAD processing, Unison lets Apollo Twin MkII owners track through a range of colorful preamp emulations from Neve,® API,® Fender,® and more with amazing accuracy.*
Apollo Twin MkII also offers improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin — with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent, or for recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII’s scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII ia a Thunderbolt interface for Mac & Windows.
Apollo Twin MkII comes with Universal Audio’s “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle, featuring legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, as well as the 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ plug-in, and Softube Amp Room Essentials.
Apollo Twin MkII is now shipping with an estimated street price of $699 (SOLO), $899 (DUO), and $1,299 (QUAD).
● Desktop 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
● Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
● Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
● 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
● 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
● Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
● Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
*Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Price: Apollo Twin MkII is now shipping with an estimated street price of $699 (SOLO), $899 (DUO), and $1,299 (QUAD).
Availability: Shipping now
Learn more about the new Apollo Twin: www.uaudio.com/twin2
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces here: www.uaudio.com/apollo
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins: www.uaudio.com/uad-plug-ins.html